Volunteer With Us
The Cole Harbour Heritage Farm Museum is a small organization and we rely heavily on volunteer support. If you are interested in volunteering we’d love to have you! The areas we currently need volunteers are as follows:
- Helping with Events: set-up/tear-down, serve visitors, help in the kitchen, clean dishes, take pictures, lead workshops, etc.
- Upkeep of the Property: painting, fence building, digging, planting, etc.
- Museum Work: cataloguing, cleaning up our database, digitising etc.
- Programming: leading tours
- Gardening: there is always work to be done in the garden!
For more details and information on volunteer opportunities please download and read this sheet.
We unfortunately do not have any volunteer positions that allow for the direct care of the animals (ie. Feeding) as they have specific requirements and thus are only tended to by trained staff.
Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. While we love the enthusiasm many children have for the Farm Museum, we simply do not have the resources to supervise them properly. Don’t let this discourage you though, volunteering can be a very rewarding family activity!
We are also always looking for Members of the Board. The Board speaks not just for our museum but also for the Cole Harbour Rural Heritage Society. As a board member you would oversee museum activities, have a voice in new programs and be directly involved in policy-making.
To join the Board you must be a member of the Cole Harbour Rural Heritage Society, to join click here. The Board meets once a month and members are also asked to help out during events when possible.