Fall Workshops at the Farm
October 22 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Get creative. Learn a new skill. Come together with friends.
All this and more is waiting for you. An exciting line-up of fall workshops, delivered at the Farm by talented local artisans.
– October 22 (10am-3pm) – Botanical Printing a Silk Scarf: Learn how to make a one of a kind eco printed silk scarf. From scouring the fabric, to mordants, to collecting vegetation, to design, to bundling and steaming, I will take you through the entire process.
– October 23 (1-4pm) – Felted Pumpkins & Acorns: Learn to needle-felt with sheep’s wool. You will create two pumpkins and several acorns.
– October 29 (1-4pm) – Needle Felted Picture: Students will learn the basics of needle felting and create a picture using wool fibre, felting needles, and a wool backing.
– November 5 (9:30am-4pm) – Watercolour Painting: Nora Gross will teach a watercolour class for experienced watercolour students. (No registration available – private registration through Nora. Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org)
– November 12 & 13 (10am-1pm) – Rag Rug Table Runner: Participants will learn to weave a table runner on a twining loom using recycled textiles.
– November 20 (10am-4pm) – Yarn Whispering: In this hands-on workshop we’ll explore different types of yarn and its characteristics – what to celebrate and what to avoid.
– November 26 (9:30am-4pm) – Watercolour Painting: Nora Gross will teach a watercolour class for less experienced watercolour students. (No registration available – private registration through Nora. Contact at email@example.com)
– December 3 (10am-4pm) – Groovy Grannies: In this workshop we’ll learn how to make a basic Granny Square, explore variations on the basic square (shape, type of stitch), how to plan your colours, and methods for joining and finishing, as well as many project ideas.
– December 10 (10am-12pm) – Festive Fresh Holiday Centerpiece: Each participant will become a floral designer as we create a fresh lush centerpiece for your table.
– December 10 (2-4pm) – Festive Fresh Holiday Centerpiece: Each participant will become a floral designer as we create a fresh lush centerpiece for your table.
More details can be found at the registration page in our online shop. Speaking of which, registration for all workshops (with the exception of Watercolour Painting) can now be found HERE: https://coleharbourfarmmuseum.ca/…/fall-workshops-at…/
And if that is not enough good news, every workshop participant will be entered in a draw for a $25 gift certificate to use in our café during the 2023 season