Volunteer With Us
The Cole Harbour Heritage Farm Museum is a small non-profit organization that relies heavily on volunteer support. Volunteers are a vital force in the operations of The Farm Museum and Society. If you are interested in volunteering and making a positive impact in the Cole Harbour community, we would love to hear from you. Here are a few areas where volunteers can make a difference:
- Special Events: greeter, set-up/tear-down, serve visitors, food preparation, dishwashing, photography, lead workshops, and more.
- Property Maintenance: painting, fence building, digging, planting, repairs, and more.
- Museum Work: cataloguing, cleaning up our database, digitizing, and more.
- Programming: leading tours, workshops, or providing support to our Programs Manager.
- Gardening: weeding, planting, pruning, dead-heading, general maintenance, and garden infrastructure.
The Cole Harbour Rural Heritage Society is governed by a voluntary Board of Directors who oversee the direction and operations of the Society and Farm Museum, guided by the cultural origins of the community. We are seeking new Board members to continue to move the organization forward. Key goals for the organization include: fostering environmental stewardship amongst the very young, promoting active and healthy living, reconnecting with nature, food security, and awareness of the Cole Harbour saltmarsh.
Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. While we love the enthusiasm many children have for the Farm Museum, we simply do not have the resources to supervise them properly. Don’t let this discourage you though, volunteering can be a very rewarding family activity!