Volunteer With Us
The Cole Harbour Heritage Farm Museum is a small non-profit organization that relies heavily on volunteer support. Volunteers are a vital force in the operations of The Farm Museum and Society. If you are interested in volunteering and making a positive impact in the Cole Harbour community, we would love to hear from you. Here are a few areas where volunteers can make a difference:
- Special Events: greeter, set-up/tear-down, serve visitors, food preparation, dishwashing, photography, lead workshops, and more.
- Property Maintenance: painting, fence building, digging, planting, repairs, and more.
- Museum Work: cataloguing, cleaning up our database, digitizing, and more.
- Programming: leading tours, workshops, or providing support to our Programs Manager.
- Gardening: weeding, planting, pruning, dead-heading, general maintenance, and garden infrastructure.
We are also always looking for Members of the Board. The Board speaks not just for our museum but also for the Cole Harbour Rural Heritage Society. As a board member you would oversee museum activities, have a voice in new programs, and be directly involved in policy-making.
To join the Board you must be a member of the Cole Harbour Rural Heritage Society, to join click here.
For more details and information on volunteer opportunities please download and read this document.
Unfortunately, we do not have any volunteer positions that allow for the direct care of the animals (i.e. feeding), as they have specific requirements and thus are only tended to by trained staff.
Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. While we love the enthusiasm many children have for the Farm Museum, we simply do not have the resources to supervise them properly. Don’t let this discourage you though, volunteering can be a very rewarding family activity!